5th Grade Ball Chairs
Davis K Readers.JPG
The Mathematics MSA will be on March 11th and 12th for grades 3, 4, and 5. This year, one class of our 4th grade will be taking PARCC in Mathematics instead of the MSA Mathematics portion. PARCC will be administered to Ms. Collins homeroom on March 25th and 26th.
Thank you to the HHGES PTA for providing snacks every day for our MSA students!
Are you ready for the HHGES Math Scholar Fluency Challenge? Students in grades Pk-5 are challenged to learn math facts assigned to each grade level by June 13, 2014. Students who have mastered the goal for their grade level by June 13th will earn an HHGES MATH SCHOLAR silicone bracelet and have their name read on the announcements.
Thank you for working with your child at home on the following grade-level goals:
• Prekindergarten- mastery of subitizing to 5
• Kindergarten- mastery of addition and subtraction facts to 5
• First- mastery of addition and subtraction facts to 10
• Second-mastery of addition and subtraction facts to 20
• Third- mastery of multiplication facts through 9x9
• Fourth- mastery of multiplication facts through 10x10; mastery of division facts up through 81.
• Fifth- mastery of division facts up through 144
Congratulations to Mrs. Terrill, our Teacher of the Year, and Mr. Cornelius, our Support Employee of the Year!
We have recently updated our “Top Ten Things Parents Need to Know About the Common Core” to reflect “Maryland’s College and Career-Ready Standards,” which were developed from the Common Core State Standards. A link to the updated version is provided: http://www.msde.state.md.us/w/
Please enjoy the monthly HHGES newlsetter.