ROCK HALL — Following classroom lessons last month on lock down procedures, Kent County Public Schools will conduct live ALICE drills in each building in November.
These drills are part of KCPS' ongoing commitment to school safety and are required by the Code of Maryland Regulations.
While the probability of what safety experts call a "violent critical incident" is extremely low, the importance of being prepared is very high.
The drills conducted by KCPS will be age-appropriate, incorporating grade-level plans and instructions provided by the ALICE Training Institute for such incidents.
The date for each school's ALICE drill is:
• H.H. Garnet Elementary School — Tuesday, Nov. 22
• Kent County Middle School — Tuesday, Nov. 22
• Galena Elementary School — Monday, Nov. 28
• Rock Hall Elementary School — Tuesday, Nov. 29
• Kent County High School — Wednesday, Nov. 30
If you have any questions, please contact the administration at your school.